Thursday 10 January 2019

Yes, I fired the bullet that killed her, and friends, this is why

My hands were shaking. My heart was racing. I could feel the sweat beads form on the palm of my hands. The metallic grey revolver in my hand now felt warmer than when I picked it. My mind was wild with thoughts. I KNEW I WAS READY TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY, but I had to GATHER THE COURAGE. I reached in to my pocket, and drew one silver bullet. Slid it in place, and rolled to cock. I was sure I wasn’t going to miss this time …MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT

She had been a seductive beautiful goddess, hungry for attention. Her eye lashes spoke louder than her lips. The sparkle in her eyes made the yellow sunset over the Himalayas look bad. It was tempting to just sit and gaze at the glow below her eyebrows. My progress was in jeopardy, and my family was jinxed. And when I wanted to do something about it, I was met with the IRRESISTIBLE ROMANTIC IDEA THAT TOMORROW WAS THE IDEAL DAY. This came with AN ELABORATE PLAN FOR THE MORROW, and so we watched a movie, had a chat on social media, watched repeat news, which were always bad news …or just lay there, and DID NOTHING …I knew I was in a fix, and I had to fix this. And it was NOW or NEVER. And since she wasn’t going to just let me go …I REACHED FOR THE TRIGGER

The deafening sound of the shot was accompanied by a flight of frightened birds in a nearby garden. It was such a relief. I my defense, my lawyers argued that it was in self-defense, BECAUSE PROCRASTINATION IS A KILLER, AND I NEEDED TO SILENCE HER BEFORE SHE SILENCED MY DREAMS, ASPIRATIONS AND PLANS. I was given a not guilty verdict

…WHEN PROCRASTINATION DIES, PROGRESS SEEMS TO GROW WITHOUT WATERING...

…and that is why…

5 comments: